NeoGAF member Shikamaru Ninja has published an update detailing the restructuring at Nintendo’s Kyoto development centre. The information was taken from a number of verified sources which include nintendo.co,jp, kyoto-np.co.jp, srd.co.jp and intsys.co.jp.
Central HQ Building / Kyoto Research Office (old buildings)
– “1,000 developers” from the Central Office HQ vacated
– “100 developers” from the Kyoto Research Office vacated
– Intelligent Systems vacated from Kyoto Research Office into their new private building.
– No more development personnel in Central Office HQ?
– Only Mario Club Co., Ltd left in Kyoto Research Office?
Kyoto Development Center (new building)
– June 2014 official time of personnel transplant
– “1,000” Nintendo developers from Central HQ and “100” Nintendo developers from Kyoto Research Office merged into new Kyoto Development Center.
– Hardware and all Software personnel now in one building.
– 1,100~ / 1,500+ capacity filled thus far
– Nintendo hopes for better efficiency and…
View original post 193 more words